Från talet som Kung Harald höll den 1 september:
“- Norwegians come from the north of Norway, from the middle, from the south and all the other regions.
– Norwegians are also immigrants from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Poland, — Sweden, Somalia and Syria.
– It is not always easy to say where we come from; to which nationality we belong.
– Home is where the heart is. That cannot always be placed within country borders.
– Norwegians are girls who love girls. Boys who love boys. And boys and girls who love each other.
– Norwegians believe in God, Allah, everything and nothing. Norwegians like Grieg, Kygo, Hellbillies and Kari Bremnes. In other words: you are Norway. We are Norway.”